My name is Stéphane Missier.
I combine cultural and commercial thinking to help brands grow whilst keeping them fashionable.
I am currently responsible for creative strategy for Nike and Electronic Arts at Wieden+Kennedy Amsterdam.
Prior to Wieden+Kennedy, I worked in tier-one agencies in New York, Montréal and Mexico City, and applied strategic thinking to some of the world’s most iconic brands including Jordan brand, adidas Originals, Cirque du Soleil, Reebok, Diageo, etc. My work in communications has been recognized by pre-eminent awards:
- D&AD Award (2014)
- Grafika Award (2014) – Grand Prize for the adidas, “Unite All Originals” campaign.
- Boomerang Award (2013). Grand Prize in the use of video in the internet category for the adidas, “Unite All Originals” campaign.
- FWA Site of the day (September 30 2013)
I am also a passionate photographer.
I take my inspiration from the crackling energy & rawness of the street. I am fascinated New York City’s underbelly; these neon–lit habitats of hustling, autodidactism and creativity. Through my photography, I relentlessly seek to test the limits of instinctual observation in urban environments and capture unpredictable and ephemeral moments of interconnection and trust. My photography has been rewarded with an exhibition at Art Basel Miami, as well as exhibitions in Paris, Montréal, Los Angeles and New York City:
- Chromatic @ Les Docks – Cité de la Mode et du Design in Paris, April 2015.
- “Habitat” @ Sid Lee’s Montréal headquarters, June – October 2014.
- “Habitat” @ C2MTL in Montréal, May 2014.
- “Habitat” @ Espace MASSIVart in Montréal, April 2014.
- “Habitat” @ Mana Wynwood Production Village. Art Basel Miami, December 2013.
- T.J. Martell’s Artworks @ Bergamot Station, Los Angeles, 2010 and 2012 and 2013
- Johannesburg Film Festival 2011.
- Museo del Barrio, New York City, 2010.
- Red Hook Film Festival, New York City, 2010.
If you want to get in touch with me or purchase a print, just drop me a line at email@example.com. You are welcome to come back any time, in the meantime, you can follow me on instagram, check my flickr stream or visit my linkedin profile.
Press and Interviews:
My photographic work has been the subject of internationally published articles and featured in many publications.
In Focus (In English)
Operaimage (in English & French)
kwerfeldein (in German)
MassivArt (in French)
Images published in print at:
Carpet bombing Culture: Untitled II The Beautiful Renaissance and Untitled III This is Street Art
Jef Aérosol:“risque de rêves” (collection Opus Délits, N°12, Critères Editions, 2010)
Nicholas Kopernicus’ Audiocentric Deluxe and Unplugged album covers.
Yorokobu Magazine October 2011: Hasidic Brooklyn. This print magazine won the 2011 ÑH award for best designed magazine in Spain and Portugal.
Images/Videos published on-line at:
Animal New York
Animal New York
The Village Voice
Laid Back Radio
This isn’t Happiness
Brooklyn Street Art
New York Public Library: Faith on the Street
Saatchi’s Hudson Houston
International Science Times
Bed Stuy Blog
New York Shitty
The L Magazine
The Street Spot
The City Loves You
Design You Trust
International Business Times
The Disciples Of Design
The Bronx Socialite
On my own two hands
Fuck Yeah Brooklyn
Yesterday You Said Tomorrow
Travel and Leisure
The Dirty Apple